The Chilehaus, a masterpiece of expressionism is streamlined like a ship. The 10-storey building rises above the Kontorhausviertel, the traditional location of the shipping companies´ offices and has a footprint of 5,000 square metres. Made of brown and purple brick and interspersed by arcades, this gigantic and impressive piece of architecture of which the top storeys are tiered, is decorated with interesting decorative tiles. The architect, Fritz Höger, built the Chilehaus between 1922 and 1924 for the shipowner, Henry B. Sloman. UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Fischertwiete is not accessible by car.