The former power station was built from 1899 onwards in the industrial quarter Hammerbrook. It used to consist of administrative buildings, apartments, repair shops, a power house, an engine house and a coal stockyard. The current state is the result of numerous new constructions and alterations over the years. It includes some halls from the first building phase, one huge complex from 1929/30 and an enlargement from 1938. The plant was shut down after the 1943 bombings. Nowadays the historic monument offers a variety of interesting motifs: spacious halls, big areaways with galleries lined with small office spaces, lofts, old staircases and ample basements.
Billwerder Neuer Deich 14