The Castle is located in a park nearby the river Bille. It is rounded by banks and moats. Moreover, on the ground of Hamburg it is the only received one. In 1212 the castle was firstly named moated castle. The rests of the medieval building are kept under the eastern wing (1589/90). The west wing developed in 1610 and the half-timbered south wing one year later. Inside is the lord’s room in the typical stile. The garden was constructed in the beginning of the 20th century. The rooms inside belong to the museum of Bergedorf and the Vierlande that show objects from urban and rural culture.
Billwerder Neuer Deich 14